On Thursday, 21st February 2019, teenager was electrocuted to death while trying to take selfie on top a railway goods wagon.
The incident happened at 1.15pm in Naganahalli railway station near Mysuru, Karnataka. The 17 year old, Preetham Gowda, climbed on top of goods wagon and came in contact with the overhead electric line carrying power at 25,000 Volts. The electric cable was just 4 feet above the wagon.
The teenager is assumed to have died instantly due to electrocution.
(Picture: Star of Mysore)
(Picture: Times of India)