Schoolboy electrocuted while taking selfie on top of a train

Nahur Station, Mumbai (openstreetmap)

A 14-year old schoolboy, who was trying to take a selfie on his cellphone atop a stationary train wagon, was electrocuted and died a few hours later on the evening of Friday, November 3rd, 2015.

The incident happened at Nahur station yard in Mumbai, India when the victim, Sahil C. Eshwarkar, climbed atop a goods train wagon parked there to click a selfie.

He accidentally came in contact with a 25,000V overhead electrical wire and was electrocuted, suffering 80 percent burns.

He was rushed to the Rajawadi Hospital nearby where he was declared dead on admission. The police have registered a case of accidental death.

A Class-IX student of the St. Francis Xaviers High School, Sahil was accompanied by some friends who had gone to try out a new mobile phone gifted by his father only two days before.

Source: The Hindu

(Picture © OpenStreetMap contributors)

Leave a Reply